Is your home looking tired and run down? When you purchased your home everything may have been neat and up to date, but after years of living in it, things might not seem as fresh. The paint could be chipped or the grounds look dreary. Whatever it is that makes you want to run in the opposite direction, it may be time for a change. Does your home need curb appeal? Follow our proven tips!
Update the place
There are several things that you can do to change the look of your home that will amaze you.
- Change your garage door. You may have a very reliable garage door that has served you well, but the look of it is outdated and old. Try something new that will bring new life to the look of your home. Today they have garage door designs that are highly appealing and unique.
- Change the paint. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders, but changing to a new color would be refreshing and eye-opening.
- Update the door. Your front door is the first thing that your guests will see, so give them something to smile about. Paint it a bright color or try a new design.
- Add lighting. Placing lights or solar lights down your walk way or driveway will add a dramatic effect to your yard.
- Shutters and gutters. Change the color or add new shutters that will enhance your windows. Get new gutters or paint the old ones a different color that will match the shutters.
- Fix driveway. If you have cracks and weeds growing out of the cracks in your driveway, fix it. Kill the weeds and cover the cracks. You can add a colored concrete and stones or bricks to give it an updated look.
Use your green thumb
Adding plants and flowers to your front yard can give it new life.
- Hedges that are manicured neatly will give your grounds a look of animation and splendor. Invest in some hedge clippers and go to town on your hedges. They will also keep your arms in shape.
- Potted Plants are always easy to place in various spots that need a little lift. Put them on the steps or accent your entry way.
- Maybe your grass looks ugly and brown and it needs major help. Try using artificial turf and you will never have to worry about having an ugly lawn again. This will save you from cutting grass and keeping your yard manicured.
- Add window boxes with beautiful flowers on each front window. That alone will liven up your home’s curb appeal.
Whatever you decide to do to give your home a facelift, do your research and make sure that you can live with the outcome. Keep within your budget and have fun with it.
Photo Credit: istockphoto.com