Love to Write? Passionate about Gardening?
Gracious Gardening is always looking for new guest writers to join our team and share experiences and tips in their unique voice. There is no strict commitment to posting as a guest — you can write one article or one hundred, and the topic is pretty much up to you so long as it pertains to gardening.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the gardening realm
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site
- Expand the reach of your writing via social media promotion on our end (you should do the same within your networks, giving even more coverage to your work)
What Kind of Content is Needed on Gracious Gardening?
If you feel you have a stories to tell based on your gardening, we want you to share them as part of our growing team! Our focus is to provide readers with garden inspiration and information that encourages them to get out and get a little dirty. Whether this is done in a blog post recounting your personal experience or in articles about gardening tips, we want to hear your fresh perspective. For your reference, we generally have two types of posts on the site:
Articles on Gracious Gardening are the posts you see on a daily basis that fall into the categories of Ideas & Innovations, Crops & Cooking, Gardening, Indoor & Outdoor and Health Benefits.
Blog posts are more personal because they specifically showcase you as a gardener. Whereas we aim to inspire our readers with the facts in our articles, it’s the feelings in our blog posts that give them the gardening bug.
Want to write for Gracious Gardening?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about gardening. If your subject of choice leaves you full of inspiration, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Most importantly, we want to hear your voice in any writing you contribute.
- At least 800 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to see what we’re talking about, so using at least one photo is encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website.